The U.S. Legal application can only be accessed once you have setup your payroll deduction in People First. Please complete this setup by following the instructions titled “Setting up your payroll deduction in People First” before proceeding with this application.
U.S. Legal Deduction Instructions for People First
Employees have access to U.S. Legal deductions through People First. Please follow these steps to enter your U.S. Legal deductions:
1. Log into People First
2. You will need to be under your Employee home screen
3. Go to Pay Info
4. Choose Payroll Deductions
5. Click on the Green New + tab
6. Choose Recurring
7. Your effective date will be the start of the Prior Pay period (Friday) of pay day that you want the deduction to start. (EX: 9/30/2022 start date to come out on 10/21/2022)
8. Leave end date as 12/31/9999
9. Under Deduction look for code 0241 – U.S Legal Services, Inc.
10. Enter the amount: $8.65
You also can stop current deductions and create new deductions for any adjustments.
Please note that if you are going to stop a deduction and enter a new amount, you may want to start the new deduction on the start of the next pay period. If you start the new deduction on the same pay period as the deduction you are stopping, both will come out of the same paycheck.
Note from U.S. Legal: Your U.S. Legal effective date will be the first of the following month after completing the U.S. Legal application. You should make sure your payroll deduction is set to begin on the first pay period of the following month prior to completing the U.S. Legal application.